Sector Case Studies
Every business relies on fact-finding meetings and conversations (interviews) the output of which needs to be accurate and
detailed to best inform decision-maker(s). Sometimes those conversations can be difficult and present a need to challenge the business.
Intersol work with businesses from a broad range of sectors to support staff development and on occasion work with the business to support them with the more high-stakes and complex inquiries, bringing to bear a unique blend of expertise and skills specific to the sector with our Critical Incident Review Team.
Feedback from delegates worldwide has been consistently excellent and contributed to the launch of the first accredited vocational qualification for audit and compliance. That feedback is perhaps best summarised by the following extract:
“I wish I’d had this training and skill years ago when I started out in audit, it’s absolutely essential and should be part of the bank on-boarding process.”
Regulators and Government Case Study 1
Avoidable criticism of the investigative conduct and outcomes of separate high-stakes investigations for 3 national regulatory bodies were the common drivers for them to seek and secure the services and support of Intersol to:
- Review Professional Practice
- Recommend Change Professional Practice.
- Design Deliver accredited competency based training that focused on investigation and interviewing.
Intersol worked discreetly in partnership with the agencies to develop a contextualised and accredited curriculum that was relevant
to the business and trained all levels of operational and managerial staff that were likely to be deployed in an operational capacity.
Intersol were selected for these commissions on the basis of their:
- Global reputation and impeccable record of success as ethical high-stakes investigators
- Record of successful investigation reviews and implementation of strategic and tactical improvement
- Flexibility, proportionality and adaptability to role specific functions and discretion, reliability and value for money
- Training and support that is practical, case relevant and founded on the principles of ECM
- Depth, breadth and current knowledge of all the working parts of an investigation and their contribution to ECM
- Accreditaion as a Skillsfirst awards recognised center
Common to all agencies was an outstanding level of subject matter expertise but lack of applied investigation and non-technical interview skills. There was a clear and determined appetite for improvement and Extraordinary Case Management (ECM®).
In addition to delivering the requirements above, additional business outcomes included:
- A workforce with increased confidence who were significantly up-skilled in investigation, interview management and practice
- Risk reduction and improved professional reputation amongst stakeholders
- Intersol went on to be engaged as professional witnesses and provide an enhanced level of discreet operational support in some cases
- The development and delivery of the only vocational qualification in Europe that accredits investigative interviewers
- Feedback from delegates and the project commissioners that is universally excellent
- Intersol and associate partners continue to support continued professional development