Sector Case Studies
Every business relies on fact-finding meetings and conversations (interviews) the output of which needs to be accurate and
detailed to best inform decision-maker(s). Sometimes those conversations can be difficult and present a need to challenge the business.
Intersol work with businesses from a broad range of sectors to support staff development and on occasion work with the business to support them with the more high-stakes and complex inquiries, bringing to bear a unique blend of expertise and skills specific to the sector with our Critical Incident Review Team.
Feedback from delegates worldwide has been consistently excellent and contributed to the launch of the first accredited vocational qualification for audit and compliance. That feedback is perhaps best summarised by the following extract:
“I wish I’d had this training and skill years ago when I started out in audit, it’s absolutely essential and should be part of the bank on-boarding process.”
Education Case Study 1
Workplace Inquiries, Health, Education and Sport
Five key imperatives for training combined for a national rail operator to secure the continuing services of Intersol to provide investigation and investigative interviewing skills training.
- First Key Equip staff with skills to react to complaints and conduct issues in the workplace in the face of increasing regulatory scrutiny.
- Second Key Equip managers with the skillset and competence to undertake professional and open-minded workplace investigations and inquiries.
- Third Key Manage difficult interviews (meetings) to accurately and reliably determine detail and facts to better identify good and poor practice.
- Fourth Key Protect, preserve and enhance reputation, whilst maintaining the engagement of stakeholders.
- Fifth Key Implement consistent methodology and standards of professional practice.
The rail operator was seeking non technical training designed specifically for managers who might need to undertake workplace investigations and interviews, recognising that investigation and interview skills had been under invested in. Intersol were chosen because of their:
- Global reputation and impeccable record of success as ethical high-stakes investigators
- Record of successful investigation reviews and implementation of strategic and tactical improvement
- Training and support that is practical, case relevant, and founded on the principles of ECM
- Depth, breadth and current knowledge of allthe working parts of an investigation and their contribution to ECM
- Accreditaion as a Skillsfirst awards recognised center
Intersol customised 2 and 4-day Effective Workplace Investigations
Level 3 Certificate in Investigative Interviewing (RQF) Level 3 Award in Dealing with Difficult Conversations (RQF)
In addition to delivering the 5 key requirements above, additional business outcomes included:
- Improved staff competence and confidence
- Improved performance and savings (one delegate reported using the techniques and tools taught mid-training, saving several hours of his and his teams time)
- The embedding of this training strategically within a broader internal management development programme