Mick Confrey is globally recognised as a leading subject matter specialist in investigative interviewing. His subject matter specialism was developed over a 30-year police career, the latter years of which was spent as the specialist investigative interview advisor. Mick was the advisor on numerous high-profile cases ranging from Homicide to Child Exploitation both nationally and internationally.
Mick featured as the interview adviser on the highly acclaimed BBC documentary series ‘Eyewitness’, the programme content is now used as a training aid for students of Forensic Psychology in the UK North America and Japan as an example of excellent interview techniques.
As Intersol Global’s Chief Operations Officer, Mick manages a group of specialist ambassadors, in adapting and delivering investigation and interview techniques, internationally to both the private and public sector.
Achievements and responsibilities:
- Design and implementation investigative interview courses globally
- Design and delivery of Effective Audit Conversations to global banking
- Design and delivery of ethically robust interview techniques to the Middle East policing sector
- Keynote speaker at University Forensic Psychology courses
- Taking Intersol Global to Adult Learner Academy status (Skills First)
- Design and implementation of Level 3 Certificate in investigative interviewing (Ofqual)
- Implementation of Intersol Global Australia
- Management of associate subject matter specialists
- Interview training of the Internal Audit function of 2 global banks
- Interview training of Australian Federal Police
- Interview training of Australian Tax office
- Interview training of Australian Environmental Protection Agency
- Investigation and interview training of UK Food Standards Agency
- Investigation and interview training of UK based Barristers
- Investigation and interview training of Virgin Trains Safety Officers
- Expert witness on Investigative Interviewing to UK Independent Police Complaints Commission